Saturday 21 April 2012

Promote development and skills


Through play experiences, children learn about themselves, their environment, and the people in their lives; experiment with different ways to solve problems; develop body control; practice social skills; and express their creativity. An environment that encourages children to make their own choices helps them feel safe, valued, adventurous, competent, and confident to take the initiative. Observe children at play over a period of time, and you’ll see higher levels of thought form in all areas of development – physical, language, social-emotional, and cognitive. Many activities promote cognitive and language development; i.e. books and stories, action songs, nursery rhymes, imaginative play and table top activities. 


Promote Maths skills                                                  Promote Language skills


Promote Language skills with i-Pad                        Language delay 

                     

Promote emotional skills                                                Cognitive development
                         

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog! I have two kids and am now looking for excellent child care tips. I am getting ready to send my oldest to a west roxbury preschool and child care facility. What are your views on these types of facilities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, Thank you for your nice words and congratulation to your kids! Well I don't know this place personally, but I went through on their page and I find them pretty good. Look the program they have, and all those smiley faces! They love children and this is obvious from their curriculum: "We make every attempt to adapt our program to fit the needs of the child rather than expect all children to fit into already established program" .
    Yes, it must be a perfect place for your oldest child. I love the colours, all the decorations on the wall and love the PE staff they have. I am sure your child will be happy in there and I wish you all a great and happy time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. childcare photography in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete